BCL 500i - the new generation with a variety of integrated interfaces
Integrated networkability—this is one of the key features of the future-oriented bar code readers of the BCL 500i series. A variety of available integrated fieldbus interfaces greatly simplifies the handling of the systems since time-consuming connections via gateways are eliminated. Commissioning is as simple as connecting to the respective fieldbus system, and configuration can be performed without any additional software.
The new BCL 558i - now also with integrated Ethernet/IP
An innovation—the BCL 558i has expanded the BCL 500i series with an integrated Ethernet/IP interface, which enables easy operation and direct communication via the control. Via an integrated switch, each BCL 5x8i with an Ethernet-based interface can also be connected to other bar code readers in a line or ring structure. Depending on the interface and control, should it be necessary to exchange a BCL 500i device, the configuration can automatically be loaded onto the replacement device. The connection is performed via a standardized M12 plug and the available ready-made cables. These make wiring economical, transparent and fail-safe.
Large variety of interfaces and models
The main advantages of the BCL 500i series
- Integrated fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet connectivity: PROFIBUS, PROFINET, ETHERNET/IP, ETHERNET TCP/IP and UDP, MULTINET;
- Code reconstruction technology (CRT): Facilitates identification of soiled or damaged codes;
- High scanning rate of 800–1,200 scans/s (adjustable): Facilitates identification even at very high conveyor speeds;
- High depth of field and large opening angle: For wide transport systems;
- Simple commissioning and connection using M12-Ultra-Lock™ connection technology and intelligent fastening concept;
- Intuitive, multi-language display with menu navigation;
- Convenient configuration with the integrated webConfig tool via USB;
- Various models: Single line, deflection mirror, oscillating mirror for flexible use;
- Optional heating models to -35 °C.